Visual Art Exchange (VAE) is THE place for artists to get started, learn how to make it as an artist and get to know the creative community. We want you to be a big part of VAE.
A membership to VAE uniquely connects you to the Triangle’s art scene by not only making you eligible for exclusive members-only exhibitions in VAE’s 2000+ square foot gallery space, but also by giving you FREE access to our many educational forums and workshops. We want you to meet other artists, learn and get to the next level in your career. Come and see us soon!
Exhibiting Levels (for one year):
- Exhibiting artist ($55)
- Senior 65+ ($35)
- Full-Time Student 18+ ($20)
- Young Artist 18-25 ($25)
- Family/Studio* ($100) *Up to 2 members in the same household or studio.
To join, donate or renew your membership now, click here! OR click here for a printable form.
- Two non-juried member showcases annually, including the Sale for the Season, a cash and carry show at the holidays and a summer member’s exhibition.
- Members Juried shows in the Main Gallery.
- Featured member exhibitions in the Exchange Gallery, Launch! Retail Incubator and at VAE Community Exchange Partner venues all year long.
Marketing + Artist Network Benefits
- Membership is non-juried and artists are immediately part of VAE’s vast network of artists, educators, patrons and community leaders.
- Exclusive member’s only programming and networking events.
- Subscription to the weekly e-news, an e-mail newsletter full of artist opportunities, reminders and tips, where you can also post calls for artists, workshops and classes.
- Post on our popular social media accounts! VAE members can coordinate with staff to post one event/kickstarter/opportunity each month on VAE’s social media outlets.
Education + Support
- Members can meet with VAE’s staff at any time to review your resume, artist’s statement, or give you advice about framing and your portfolio. Staff is also available to provide one-on-one counseling by appointment.
- VAE offers low-cost lecture and workshop series to artists and members get to register first as well as enjoy reduced rates. Topics include taxes, legal issues, copyright, preparing and applying for artist’s opportunities, networking and marketing.
- Artist Groups – Currently, there are 4 different artists’ forums that meet once a month (traditional painters, abstract & contemporary artists, photographers, and the plein-air painters). These forums offer opportunities for peer review & support, and are free for members.
- Low commissions taken on sales (30% for members, 50% for non-members.)
- Free attendance to monthly artists’ nights, lecture series and artists’ forums.
- Discounted entry and workshop fees and a 10% off purchases at VAE.
- Artist discount card good for 10-20% off framing, artwork and art supplies at local retailers
*Artist donors can receive Exhibiting Artists Membership benefits with a donation of $100 or more. Please contact Sarah Powers at 919-828-7834 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To join, donate or renew your membership now, click here!
OR click here for a printable form.