ABOUT the Exchange Gallery
We are currently seeking applications for 2D & 3D artists wishing to enroll in the Exchange Gallery program for 2014 & 2015. Accepted artists will have a selection of their work exhibited for one month in the front gallery of VAE.
Program Dates: July 2014- June 2015
What are the BENEFITS?
- A cohesive, professional looking exhibition in the front gallery of VAE
- Opening recption on First Friday
- Vinyl signage of tyour name with your exhibition
- Your name listed on VAE promotional materials and email
- A ‘Featured Artist’ listing on the VAE website
- $15 exhibition fee
- Help install artwork / display if special installation is required
- Volunteer during artwork receiving, installation, First Friday or pick-up during the month of your exhibit
- Keep you VAE membership in good standing
WHO is right for the Exchange Gallery?
All 2D & 3D fine artists working in any medium are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates should have a cohesive body of work. Collaborative work will also be considered. Each artist or collaborative group will have approximately a 7′ x 7′ section of wall (floor space for 3D) in the front gallery.
How to APPLY
There are two parts to this application process that can be completed in any order you choose, as long as both parts are completed by April 30, 2014.
PART A: Email 3-5 jpegs of work and and an image inventory list to email@example.com.
- Jpegs should be at least 1000px at their widest dimension, not to exceed 2MB per image. Jpegs should be named liked so: LASTNAME_01.jpg, LASTNAME_02.jpg, etc.
- Your image inventory sheet should be in either Word Doc or pdf format and should be a guide to the jpegs that accompany your application. Your inventory list must contain the following information for each jpeg: the jpeg name (“LASTNAME_01.jpg”), the piece’s title (“Sunset”, “Still Life with Aardvarks”), medium, dimensions, and retail price.
PART B: Submit your artist statement, resume, and $10 (members) application fee through Eventbrite.
- Your artist’s statement should be no longer than one page and should describe your current work.
- Resumes should be pasted into the designated text box. We understand that this might make your formatting look weird, but we are mostly interested in the content. Do your best to make it look readable. WE won’t take off points for looks.
- Your application will not be considered finished until your entry fee has been processed through Eventbrite.
The Exchange Gallery is open to all VAE members working in ANY medium. Artists must be in good standing at time of entering AND at the time of their exhibit. Artists who would like to apply to the Exchange Gallery for both a 2D exhibit and 3D exhibit may do so, but must submit two different applications.
The jury will be conducted at the beginning of May with your submitted digital materials. Accepted artists will be listed on the website. The jurors are looking for:
- Cool, original work
- Professional presentation (good photos of work, up-to-date websites, etc.)
- Thoughtful artist statement
FEES & COSTS
The application fee for VAE members is $10. There is a $15 exhibition fee for accepted artists.
VAE takes a 30% commission on members’ works.
Application & exhibit fees are non-refundable.
Please email Erika.